The alternative to good design is always bad design. There is no such thing as no design.
- Affordances and Signifiers
- Software by its virtual nature has infinite possibilities which is good and bad.
- As humans, we learn signifiers or capabilities (buttons, knobs, handles, doors, etc) from our earliest age.
- Moving to a digital world, these signifiers are often ignored with digital experiences.
- Behavioral Economics
Behavioral Economics is the study of the intrinsic things that drive our decision making and make use human.
Captology reminds us that computers can be used for behavioral change, but come with cautions and a requirement to be ethical.
Humans have been designing things for eons, and introduces us to Design methods.
Everything we do is an experience, either curated for us, or created by us.
- Feedback, Friction, Toil and Invisible Work
Cognitive friction slows all of us down.
This material gives you The Foundation to make you a better developer.
You are now on your way to becoming a Designatic!!
The Designatic welcomes you, Let’s Begin.